Skip to main content

I transitioned out of real estate and stocks in 2019-2022 and into precious metals, crypto, and ASPS. My portfolio has been doing phenomenal.

Just sharing my investing strategies and knowledge. Hopefully it helps someone out there if your trying to decide to buy or sell real estate in 2022. I’ve studied as much as I can about economics in the last 5 years and the information tells me real estate has much more downside risks for the next 2-5 years as opposed to other investments in 2022.

I was a realtor from 2016-2019 and it was a great run but I knew I needed to diversify. I managed to invest about $30k in 2019 into crypto(65% Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, and a few shit coins), precious metals investments(20% First Majestic Silver, Barrick Gold, physical, and leveraged silver and gold ETF’s), and a foreclosure servicer stock Altisource Portfolio Solutions (15%). These investments almost all saw huge crashes prior to 2019 and looked like they were just sitting on the floor when I bought them. Thankfully I did and now the portfolio is worth over $180k. Most of the gains were all crypto so I converted another 10% of the gains into more precious metals and ASPS. These last few days has proven silver and gold are still the best safe haven investments without wild volatility since their prices surged while the stock market got killed and interest rates surged as well putting downward pressure on real estate going into 2022. The technicals on silver and golds prices look really good based of classical charting principles and could see a 5-10 year bull run if they breakout to new highs.

My theory is crypto and decentralized finance will continue to grow as peoples faith in traditional financial systems whither. As of taxes weren’t high enough, the new $600 IRS tax rule couldn’t be a better example of this and given now how easily people and businesses could now transition into a decentralized and even anonymous financial system, the government is testing waters it’s never seen. Crypto is great but I have been and will be trigger happy to sell going into 2022 and beyond if the crypto market reaches 3-8% of the size of global bonds, stocks, cash, savings, and checkings (we’re still less than 0.75%). Precious metals are the only assets I feel that are severely undervalued without the extreme volatility risk. They have a 6000+ year history of value so its obvious it will maintain value and the mining companies that mine these will have huge profit margins if gold and silver were to pass their all time highs. Lastly Altisource Portfolio Solutions services foreclosures and their stock price surged from $14 to $167 from 2009-2012 when real estate was tanking. Yes their business got crushed recently due to the foreclosure moratoriums, booming real estate market, and record low foreclosure activity. But because foreclosure activity have been soo low, they only have one way to go from here and that is up and they have secured operations til 2030 or more. Harvards 2016 article on real estate cycles also seems to be playing out right on cue as interest rates surge and pandemic stimulus wears off.

https://extension.harvard.edu/blog/how-to-use-real-estate-trends-to-predict-the-next-housing-bubble/

My plan is to start slowly converting my portfolio into a real estate portfolio in 1-5 years. I will probably get whacked and have some deep corrections along the way but so far most of my theories have come true and I did better than ever by not blindly following “experts” and mainstream media.

submitted by /u/tylor262
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/s8czmj/i_transitioned_out_of_real_estate_and_stocks_in/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aren't comps/CMAs useless with buyer credits at close happening now?

I'm looking into buying a new construction townhouse in my HCOL US city. I'm seeing builders offering interest rate buydowns worth $20k-$60k on $800k homes (rather than just lowering prices) in order to keep their comps high for their other units, now that buyer demand has been declining. I asked my agent about these, and he said these buydowns aren't even the full story: buyers can write all kinds of other credits into an offer, like their closing costs, prepaid sewer fees, etc. Apparently cash buyers can just write in a "buyer credit at close" for any amount in their offer. So a new townhouse that appeared to sell for $800k in the MLS might have actually been a cash offer with a $100k+ buyer credit at close, meaning the buyer only spent $700k or less in total, but to the rest of the world they can only see the $800k! So that made me realize I can't trust comps/CMAs for other new construction townhouses. The sales prices could be way lower than they appear

Fast Rising HOA Fees on NYC Condo, No Budget Provided

My wife and I are first time homeowners and could use some advice on a situation we've been having with our management company and Board. We bought a condo in Brooklyn two years ago, and since then our HOA fees have climbed dramatically. In August of last year, our fees were increased by ~30% and just yesterday we received notice that this new figure would be increased by 16% as of June 1st. The by-laws for our building state that ten days before such a change goes into effect, the Board must provide unit owners with the itemized budget upon which the new numbers were based. This didn't happen last year, and when I asked the management company about it, they just kept vaguely insisting the Board had done due diligence. After I kept pressing, they finally sent a budget that was several years old, so obviously not the one that the new numbers were based on. When I asked the management company for contact information for the Board to get further clarification, I was told that th

How to create fidelity investments current bank statement for lender during escrow

I transferred a certain amount to my bank account to complete the minimum down payment required. The bank wants a current statement of the transaction. Unfortunately, fidelity only does quarterly statements so a December statement is not available and we are due to close next week. I called fidelity and they they can only provide a letter but the bank said that won’t suffice. Any way I can find or make one of my own that has my account number/name along with all the recent month’s activities? submitted by /u/bodaciousbeans [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/zmnnqo/how_to_create_fidelity_investments_current_bank/