Skip to main content

Highest closed price in neighborhood

I see so many people lost about FOMO. I had this feeling once; we really had a hard time buying a house we were outbid 6 times before and we knew if we wanted this house we needed to bid high. We went in $15k over asking price. We did not view the property until after we went under contract. We knew it had the location, size and backyard we wanted. It also had bonus features like a garage and some updates including major systems, new floors and a few other upgrades. After stepping inside the house we knew it needed more updates and before moving in we spent two long weeks updating it; all new paint, light fixtures, bathroom mirrors, door hardware etc. the bright blue cabinets and pink color downstairs were gone. The house is much more our style now however as I look around at sales in this exact neighborhood I realize what was in front of our eyes before: we’ve paid $30k more than anyone else… these homes are all the same sq footage and layout some are completely updated others haven’t been at all.

My realtor pointed out a few things:

-the last sale in this 55 unit townhome community was 5 months before ours and the last sale before that was 7 months before ours; these units don’t sell often. -our unit backs up to wet lands the last two sales backed up to commercial lots including a gas station and fast food restaurant. -our unit did need some cosmetics to get it where we wanted it but it had been updated. -the house appraisal was $10k more than we paid and the market is rising. -similar homes around our neighborhood are selling higher or at least seem that way bc there are more turnover; these homes have more longevity and many of the owners have lived here since built in 2007. -the area continues to grow and our value will go up…

We plan on being here a while it’s just nerve racking my realtor said stop looking at sales for a while and focus on continuing to do little things to our place.

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/forthepeace86
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/rmxgo3/highest_closed_price_in_neighborhood/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...