Skip to main content

How to price a house for sale prior to going on the market

This is longish so bear with me - TLDR at bottom but it may be confusing.

My parents are getting ready to sell their house. They have lived in it for around 30 years. Someone in their neighborhood had been desperately trying to get a larger house in the neighborhood and numerous times were too late to look at a property prior to it selling (i.e. a house would go on the market on Thursday, they would set up a showing for Saturday come Friday they would be notified that they accepted an offer and the showing was cancelled). This neighbor is desperate to stay in the neighborhood to say the least and is quickly outgrowing their house that is much smaller than the rest.

They got wind though neighborhood gossip that my parents are getting ready to sell their house now that all is kids are long gone and their up there in age. They approached my parents numerous times either directly or through neighbors and outright said "please let us look at it and give you an offer prior to it going on the market" in various forms and as recently as just this last week.

This weekend we wrapped up the last bit clean out items (into storage/donations) and they're getting ready to call the neighbors to come look.

The house has had SOME renovations but obviously some of it still 30 years old design.

They have had realtors come through months ago to get a guage of a value but did not sign with any agent yet and between what the agents said as well as numerous sites they have a range of what to expect.

They are planning on saying if they sell off market, the house is as-is but they are welcome to do any Inspections and no agents in either side (lawyers yes but not real estate agents) but if it goes on the market they will list with one of the agents that had seen it prior and worked alot in the Neighborhood.

So my question: if they're market value estimate is a range of about 50k between the low and the high at what point would be a decent deal. Obviously they need to give something up if selling as-is, but the neighbors is desperate to keep the house from touching the market and thus there should be some consolation. They talked with the agent for the house they bought to down size into and she said the market is t AS hot as it was in June but they'd still probably see a few offers in a week of being on market based on recent movement in the neighborhood.

Tldr- neighbors DESPERATELY want my parents to sell the house before they list it, how should they value the house if they sell it to them without agents and as-is. No emotional ties to the neighbors so getting the most out of the house with the least hassle is current priority.

submitted by /u/vetratten
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/pwfhpk/how_to_price_a_house_for_sale_prior_to_going_on/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...