Skip to main content

New house I'm buying has issues, before closing date..

Hi guys, i'm buying a house in mason, ohio and my agent had offered me to come see the house one more time before signing the Title papers on Sept 1st.

While looking around the house earlier today i noticed the basement wall has a pretty big water leak stain (i forgot the word for it, but its yellow and about 2 feet long).

this is my first time buying a house and i have no idea what to do... im also having big issues with my mortgage company, they're the main reason the closing date keeps being delayed. originally i was supposed to move in to my new house on the 27th, but they moved it because apparently underwriting had not sent the final approval which i understand but my loan officers assistant brought up if i it takes too long then they will have to completely terminate the contract (which isnt my fault, ive given them all of my documents ?XD).

my agent is aware of this and she said she will speak with the realtor and see what the seller can do about it.

im so upset and frustrated about this because i haven't moved in yet and the house already started to disappoint. im also new to the state (ohio) and it seems to rain here alot, like pour buckets from the sky.... if the house is in that condition i have no idea what will happen in autumn or winter.

any agent that could help me out? or give me an advice?

submitted by /u/DigBickLeo
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/pet06s/new_house_im_buying_has_issues_before_closing_date/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...