Skip to main content

Unprofessional Buyer's Agent

Ok, so we are selling our house. We got a great offer (10k over asking) our second day on the market, which we accepted. They came for the home inspection, and I drove by the house to see if they were gone yet. They weren't, and there were a lot more cars there than seemed necessary. I also saw two little girls playing on the front lawn. This seemed really weird- the buyers don't have children (they wrote us this nice letter begging us to accept their offer, so we know this for sure). When we got home, we saw that my kids' toys had obviously been played with and left all over the place. I have a very high risk child with an immune disease, and I was furious that unvaccinated unknown kids had been in the house touching his things- Maybe even playing in his bed?

We also saw that the inspector had left a mess in the basement. He pulled out insulation to check behind it, and threw it on the floor, and they pried open a sealed (not closed, but sealed) crawlspace, breaking the panel, not putting it back, and leaving big dirt piles on the floor. The inspector later told me that the buyers agent gave him permission to break open the panel. Of course, she had zero authority to tell him to do that!

When we got home and saw all this, we complained to our realtor, who passed it on to the buyer's agent that we weren't happy about how our house was treated. We assumed the kids came along with a friend or family member of the buyers. Nope. I found out on my own they were the realtor's own kids! She brought her kids to my home inspection and let them play with my kids stuff. When we complained that the "buyers" brought children, she did not admit that they were hers.

The buyers ended up backing out of the deal without even asking for repairs or a price reduction, citing the results of the inspection as a general thing, but the realtor refuses to comment. She's not even saying no, or that the buyers don't want to share anything from the report- those things would make sense. She's just ignoring his response completely.

The realtor also didn't know she had to complete formal paperwork to withdraw her clients from the deal, and MY agent had to help her with the protocol. This held us up for days as we couldn't get back on the market until we were legally released from this contract, and she kept saying it was coming, until she finally admitted it wasn't, and my realtor had to prepare the form for her. Her clients nearly lost their deposit because she thought simply declaring into the void that they wanted out of the deal was somehow sufficient. She also was surprised and upset that the lawyer had cashed the earnest money check, and my realtor had to explain that that was absolutely normal protocol when holding money in escrow. How does she not know that? Should we file a complaint about this agent? If so, how do we do that? I really believe her unprofessional behavior and incompetence may be what killed our deal. So frustrating.

submitted by /u/Glittering-Boot-8549
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/otnn1m/unprofessional_buyers_agent/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aren't comps/CMAs useless with buyer credits at close happening now?

I'm looking into buying a new construction townhouse in my HCOL US city. I'm seeing builders offering interest rate buydowns worth $20k-$60k on $800k homes (rather than just lowering prices) in order to keep their comps high for their other units, now that buyer demand has been declining. I asked my agent about these, and he said these buydowns aren't even the full story: buyers can write all kinds of other credits into an offer, like their closing costs, prepaid sewer fees, etc. Apparently cash buyers can just write in a "buyer credit at close" for any amount in their offer. So a new townhouse that appeared to sell for $800k in the MLS might have actually been a cash offer with a $100k+ buyer credit at close, meaning the buyer only spent $700k or less in total, but to the rest of the world they can only see the $800k! So that made me realize I can't trust comps/CMAs for other new construction townhouses. The sales prices could be way lower than they appear

Fast Rising HOA Fees on NYC Condo, No Budget Provided

My wife and I are first time homeowners and could use some advice on a situation we've been having with our management company and Board. We bought a condo in Brooklyn two years ago, and since then our HOA fees have climbed dramatically. In August of last year, our fees were increased by ~30% and just yesterday we received notice that this new figure would be increased by 16% as of June 1st. The by-laws for our building state that ten days before such a change goes into effect, the Board must provide unit owners with the itemized budget upon which the new numbers were based. This didn't happen last year, and when I asked the management company about it, they just kept vaguely insisting the Board had done due diligence. After I kept pressing, they finally sent a budget that was several years old, so obviously not the one that the new numbers were based on. When I asked the management company for contact information for the Board to get further clarification, I was told that th

How to create fidelity investments current bank statement for lender during escrow

I transferred a certain amount to my bank account to complete the minimum down payment required. The bank wants a current statement of the transaction. Unfortunately, fidelity only does quarterly statements so a December statement is not available and we are due to close next week. I called fidelity and they they can only provide a letter but the bank said that won’t suffice. Any way I can find or make one of my own that has my account number/name along with all the recent month’s activities? submitted by /u/bodaciousbeans [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/zmnnqo/how_to_create_fidelity_investments_current_bank/