Skip to main content

I decided to have the listing agent help represent me in writing an offer for a home that I like. However, my family has been telling me to just back out of the offer because buying it overlist isn't worth it. But I felt that my numbers worked out if I went over just 20k list price. Should I pass?

I currently am looking to buy a home that's a fixer, in a very hot market. The property I'm looking at once fixed up, we'd look to see it valued at $620k, as the house down the street same with the same floorplan, which sold for that price back in February.

The list price of this house is $499k. I guess I like it enough that I keep driving to look at it. I guess my question is should I offer from the $499k-$525k range? I was thinking if this home just doesn't happen to workout for me, I want to net a good profit too. I don't want to be buying this home for more than what it's worth. I want to net a profit of like $60k or so at least from this transaction. Given this home is going to need $50k worth of repairs. It's only 900 sq ft. Very small home but so many repairs needed. The seller has provided a complete report of the inspection they done for the property as well.

When I told my newly found agent, whose also the listing agent for this home, that I want to offer less she give me this look. Lol. I said ok then I think I'll just do full price asking at $499k, with 5% down conventional. And then she asked me to send proof of funds when she emails me the offer and said no letter is acceptable. I wanted to personally write a letter to the seller, but it is considered against the Fair Housing Act. But proof of funds really? Isn't that too early in this stage to provide that? Why would I waste anyone's time if I can't buy.

She didn't even write up my offer and have it sent to me til 11:50PM at night. I'm starting to think if I should offer at 525 to even be considered. Because I feel like she's not even taking my offer seriously. What do you guys think?

submitted by /u/itspazzy
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/o9hlac/i_decided_to_have_the_listing_agent_help/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aren't comps/CMAs useless with buyer credits at close happening now?

I'm looking into buying a new construction townhouse in my HCOL US city. I'm seeing builders offering interest rate buydowns worth $20k-$60k on $800k homes (rather than just lowering prices) in order to keep their comps high for their other units, now that buyer demand has been declining. I asked my agent about these, and he said these buydowns aren't even the full story: buyers can write all kinds of other credits into an offer, like their closing costs, prepaid sewer fees, etc. Apparently cash buyers can just write in a "buyer credit at close" for any amount in their offer. So a new townhouse that appeared to sell for $800k in the MLS might have actually been a cash offer with a $100k+ buyer credit at close, meaning the buyer only spent $700k or less in total, but to the rest of the world they can only see the $800k! So that made me realize I can't trust comps/CMAs for other new construction townhouses. The sales prices could be way lower than they appear

Fast Rising HOA Fees on NYC Condo, No Budget Provided

My wife and I are first time homeowners and could use some advice on a situation we've been having with our management company and Board. We bought a condo in Brooklyn two years ago, and since then our HOA fees have climbed dramatically. In August of last year, our fees were increased by ~30% and just yesterday we received notice that this new figure would be increased by 16% as of June 1st. The by-laws for our building state that ten days before such a change goes into effect, the Board must provide unit owners with the itemized budget upon which the new numbers were based. This didn't happen last year, and when I asked the management company about it, they just kept vaguely insisting the Board had done due diligence. After I kept pressing, they finally sent a budget that was several years old, so obviously not the one that the new numbers were based on. When I asked the management company for contact information for the Board to get further clarification, I was told that th

How to create fidelity investments current bank statement for lender during escrow

I transferred a certain amount to my bank account to complete the minimum down payment required. The bank wants a current statement of the transaction. Unfortunately, fidelity only does quarterly statements so a December statement is not available and we are due to close next week. I called fidelity and they they can only provide a letter but the bank said that won’t suffice. Any way I can find or make one of my own that has my account number/name along with all the recent month’s activities? submitted by /u/bodaciousbeans [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/zmnnqo/how_to_create_fidelity_investments_current_bank/