Skip to main content

Ways to back out of a signed P&S with mortgage contingency

Looking for some advice on how I can back out of a signed P&S for a home, without losing earnest money deposit.

My husband and I had signed the P&S around two weeks ago to purchase a condo. Main reason for the purchase is the proximity to work for the both of us. But that's actually changed a few days ago since he got a new job offer that's much better but in a totally different town. More than an hour away from where we're buying... This was totally unexpected.

We were already kind of lukewarm about the home. Location was the single biggest factor why we made the decision to buy this place, and now that's gone. Honestly we were just so tired of looking. Physically and emotionally draining.

We have already deposited a good portion of the down payment, about $60K.

There is only mortgage contingency left. We had already provided all the documents that’s been requested. The loan is in the approval process.

Is there anything we can do at this point to trigger the mortgage contingency without losing the earnest money?

  1. Can we ask the lender to not approve and decline our mortgage application at this point?
  2. Can my husband terminate employment now and send a proof to the lender?
  3. Buy it then immediately sell it a few months down the road?
submitted by /u/hexies10
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/n0tp55/ways_to_back_out_of_a_signed_ps_with_mortgage/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...