Skip to main content

Lender Kickback?!

Filed a complaint against my former RE agent for a litany of issues. My state's RE Commission found "probable cause" for material fraud and some other things... exactly what I expected. What I didn't expect was also finding PC for what appears to be a kickback. I'm stunned, lol. Not really, absolutely horrid experience during my tenure with him. Surprised is more like it.

I was selling and then buying, so I also used him as a buyer agent and already had my lender working on my new mortgage. Three quarters through, my lender can't finish the mortgage due to changes in the process re Covid and offered to reach out to find someone who could. I mentioned it to my agent who suggested a lender he uses. Said lender was also doing the mortgage for the buyer of my home (unsure if that's significant) and I jumped on board. I was perfectly happy with the new lender, thought she was fabulous. I did make a reference in the complaint about having to change lenders, but it wasn't anything I was complaining about, it was contextual.

The Commission hit him with referring me "...to any lending institution for financing with the expectation of receiving a financial incentive, rebate or other compensation, without first obtaining from his or her principal the signed acknowledgment of and consent to the receipt of the financial incentive, rebate or other compensation." WTH? Not to give my prior agent any credit, but I was happy with changing to his preferred lender, and it's not like the agent ever tried to coerce me into using her out of the gate. I assumed the referral was based on a solid professional relationship between the agent and lender. But this language sure as hell sounds like a kickback.

Anyone have any insight on this? I never disclosed the full name/company of the new lender within the complaint.

submitted by /u/Rmzrad
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/kniqdd/lender_kickback/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...