Skip to main content

New neighborhood builder changing things from original community design and I’m livid.

Let’s start with change number one. They put in a speed hump right in front of my lot. Signage on both sides. Looks like shit. After I expressed disapproval and how it may actually conflict with where our driveway is going to be it looks like they filed it down and put in another one about 30 feet away. Wonderful.

They told us there would be a pond across the street and now it’s been decided it will simply be a dry pond. Cool, keep making changes.

Now the final nail in the coffin.
They have now added a paved walking path down the property line on the east side of the house and it connects to another that runs down the entirety of the back yards of all the lots. None of this is on the original community map and the sales rep we worked with specifically said the only path would be a few houses down to make a connection to another street where a playground will be. I mentioned how walking paths all around my house would be a dealbreaker for me and they ensured me it was going to just be that one path. I mean what the hell? I don’t think I have any legal leg to stand on besides my lot but this is just so wrong to paint this picture in your prospective buyers heads and then start chipping away at it one change at a time. Is this normal? I may walk....

submitted by /u/aso1616
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/j1nwrq/new_neighborhood_builder_changing_things_from/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...