Skip to main content

What are people guessing will happen to the real estate market in the next year?

We recently moved to California and renting, but eventually would like to buy a single family home for our 2 kids and dogs. We live an hour outside LA and looking at homes around 750-900k. My husband and I make a good income together but we also pay for childcare which gets expensive. We are about to sell our home so we will have about 100k for a down payment which is not near the 20% for a conventional loan. We'd obviously hate to buy a house if there is a real estate market crash looming. With all the unemployment with the pandemic, what will happen once the moratoriums on foreclosure expire? Do banks just pretend the last 6-12 months didn't happen and just continue as is? Any predictions? I know nobody actually knows what will happen, just wondering what people's thoughts are.

submitted by /u/peachnkeen519
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/ij4z72/what_are_people_guessing_will_happen_to_the_real/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...