Skip to main content

First time home buyer

Hello,

I am a first time home buyer here facing an interesting situation. We have a buyers agent who isn’t too experienced but is backed by a team and we are trying to buy in a fairly competitive market, where houses go very quick. We looked at a home yesterday and felt absolutely in love with it.

I’ve done all the due diligence on my part. I’ve gotten a preapproval from 3 different lenders, shopped rates and narrowed it down to one. Have all my assets ready for 20% down + closing costs + reserves, researched areas, schools and even sent listing to my REA to go look at properties, along with outlining what sort of a home we want. We are making our first offer on the house, which seems to be “good” per the listing agent we got in touch with and I want to be able to capitalize on it.

I’ve been suggesting a pre-emptive offer and presentation to the seller and my buyer’s agent and their team seem to be hesitant with that approach. To me, in my mind, this seems like a good idea to start the negotiations ahead of the offer deadline which is a couple of days out and gives us an advantage in trying to at least get a sense of what the seller has in mind and perhaps backing away if the seller wants too much.

Having said that though, I am a first time buyer and maybe I am being too aggressive? I’ve heard stories of agents working “magic” through friends of mine and some have gotten deals below listing which is suuuper rare here.

I suppose, we could go talk to another agent and shop with them as well, but this buyer’s agent is also a family friend (mistake, I know, I know), but trying to get a perspective of what should I expect here.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/thr0waway9095654778
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/ik7ovz/first_time_home_buyer/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...