Skip to main content

Feel like Realtors aren't helping me with home negotiation after inspection

Hey Reddit,

I am in the process of buying a home that was sold for 127,000 as a foreclosure house in 2012( the people who owned previously could not afford the house so they sold it for cheap as it was 181,000 in 2005 but sold for 127,000 in 2012). the listing price for 2020 is now is 274500 and i offered 279000 with seller payig 4k closing cost.

we now did the inspection and we found

air duct in attic was off. Mouse and droppings in the attic. sink has low pressure water. bathtub water drains extremely slow. fridge handle is damaged, stove knob not turning, microwave cover coming off ( fridge not included). Chimney is extremely dirty ( potential for CO2) AC unit is 21 years old and furnace is also 21 years old but has lots of rust in it.

now with all this said i want the seller too mainly tackle the repairs of the HVAC/furnace/mouse/Chimney/sink and tub items.

the HVAC/furncace/ concerns me a lot as i want them to get it replaced with a new one

my realtors leader says just take 4k off the selling price. i dont like this because the mortage would be 33 dollars less and i would still be paying for a HVAC unit/furnace/pest and all the other stuff i feel like im just going to walk into this house with throwing money and being ripped off as my first home.

what do you think reddit? what should i be asking for in order to close the deal? or am i asking to much. i feel like the realtors leader is ripping me off because they want to close a deal but i am not happy with the offer they want me to sign

submitted by /u/m1786
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/ika3no/feel_like_realtors_arent_helping_me_with_home/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...