Skip to main content

Feedback on this rental property (FL). Rate my deal

Looking for feedback and suggestions. This is my first attempt at investing in real estate.

Background: Location - North Florida. Property: SFH Price: $385K Down: 25% Rate: 3.5%, Monthly $1300 month Taxes and other: $450 / $5,500 Year. Year Built: 2017. Other: Upscale location, premium schools, walking distance to shopping, resort style pools and amenities. A+.

Similar homes renting for: $2.6K to $3K. Rent prices going up as people from NY are more and more allowed to work from home and are moving south. Lease will cover mortgage and taxes and it will generate about $900/month. From this I will need to account for repairs, vacancy. etc.

Pros: I live close by if that helps. Homes appreciate nicely around here New and desirable community with excess of demand for vacancy. I can see it as a nice asset to pass to my kids. I have the 25% sitting on the bank as part of extra cushion. Time to use it.

Cons: I'm not much of a doer. If something goes wrong, I will need to hire a contractor. Had a rental in SF before, but I had a company managing it. Never touched it. Is the cash flow ok?

Feedback please. I have read great insights from seasoned people on this sub.

Thanks,

submitted by /u/airetupal
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/ika9n8/feedback_on_this_rental_property_fl_rate_my_deal/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...