Skip to main content

Closing delayed due to USDA loan

My husband and I are under contract to sell our house. Buyer is getting a USDA loan. We were told that paperwork was submitted to underwriting in the beginning of August and it’s usually a 2-3 day turnaround time. Well due to you know what, the underwriting process still isn’t done. Closing was supposed to be last Friday and that obviously didn’t happen. It was delayed until this Monday, which isn’t happening either. Nobody is able to give us any idea how long of a delay it will- be days, weeks, months... We still don’t even have a commitment letter. Our realtor has been in touch with the buyers realtor and lender and has been assured that the buyer is very interested and that he’s going to get approved, we just don’t know how backed up the USDA is. Our realtor has told us we have an option to terminate the deal.

Anybody dealing with a similar issue? Anything we can do? This is causing a massive financial strain on us because as of September 1, we are paying two mortgages in addition to two sets of bills and have had many unexpected repairs to our new home. The first buyers for our home backed out and now this... We don’t want to terminate a deal at this stage, but if it’s going to be delayed for a very long time, we may have to reconsider! We just want a commitment letter and an official closing date!

submitted by /u/wonderlust7726
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/ij6i88/closing_delayed_due_to_usda_loan/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...