Skip to main content

Two days after going under contract, received e-mail from random moving company.

Hey guys, just wanted to confirm my suspicions, or see if there are other possibilities.

I went under contract on a house a couple days ago.

Today, I received an e-mail congratulating me on the move and offering "moving consierge services". This email included the address of the property and my email address is not registered to a Zillow, Redfin, Trulia, etc account.

The only people (that I know of) that have this e-mail are:

My loan officer, my real estate agent, the listing agent, and the title company.

Someone I know recently used the same loan officer and this didn't happen to them, so that narrows it down to my realtor, the listing agent, their respective companies, or the title company.

To me, it's most likely that one of them sold my e-mail. The only other thing that I can think of, is public record, but it happened very recently, so that seems unlikely to me.

What do you guys think? Curious to know if this is common and if there are other possibilities.

TLDR: Got email from a random moving company that included the address of a property that I went under contract for a couple of days ago. I think it was one of the real estate agents or the title company. Whodunnit?

submitted by /u/OGAuror
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/hiyu5s/two_days_after_going_under_contract_received/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...