Skip to main content

[Discussion] Rental Markets Across The States

What are rents looking like in your local cities? Is it going up? Is it going down? Staying the same?

What are everyone's prediction (yes, I know it's hard to predict because the situation we find ourselves in is unprecedented) on where the rental market will go moving forward?

What is everyone's guesses on what that rental market will mean for RE?

Personal anecdote for me - rental markets in the Bay Area have taken huge beatings. I know friends who have leveraged the current situation to get themselves into cheaper leases (often times 10-25% discounts on what they normally would find, and 1-2 months off). I know friends who have left the Bay Area, and are unsure whether or not they want to come back. I know friends who have been trying to find subletters/subleasers/renters who have had to put out their listings for 1-2+ months constantly, and are having a hard time finding someone to come in. Having to make major concessions compared to what it was like before.

My guess is that this will definitely trickle and impact RE prices, specifically in SF, as leases tend to get signed right around now to around September traditionally (peak times). As people exit their leases and don't sign, and we get an influx of rentals with no one to occupy them, landlords/investors will start getting antsy. It might take time, but my personal market forecast (everyone keeps saying sale volume is up MoM! Real estate market is saved!) is that SF real estate is looking at a gloomy downturn.

submitted by /u/BayAreaExpress
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/hiflcu/discussion_rental_markets_across_the_states/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...