Skip to main content

Title company wont accept wired money?

Buying my first house, trying to wrap my head around the mindfuck I've had today. For simplicity let's say I gotta put 6k in escrow for painting in spring. Title company wont accept a wire transfer, wont accept cash. I thought I could get a cashier's check from a bank but no place would let me without being a customer, even if I paid them. And I couldn't get a money order for 6k, the money order places had daily limits. Finally got the title company to agree to a personal check from myself. Several questions, maybe you guys know:

Why wont a bank write a cashier's check for a fee? I walked into three banks today with 6k in cash in my pocket, ready to pay some trumped up fee for them to write a check and none of them would. What the fuck? Those guys were all playing Facebook, nobody's going to the bank on a Thursday morning. Are they sticking their necks out in some way i dont realize if i give them cash, and they give me a cahsiers check?

Is it normal for a title company to not accept a wire transfer or cash, or do these guys just suck?

If this comes up again, is there any place that will write a money order for 6k?

In general, how is there not a secure way to transfer money without handing across pieces of paper? I transact a hell of a lot more than 6k every day at work at a computer, what bizarro world of finance have I entered?

And last, how in the hell is a personal check from myself not the least secure out of any of these options?

submitted by /u/offermychester
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/fap02a/title_company_wont_accept_wired_money/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...