Skip to main content

Living for free/making money of rent in college

Already have a decent idea of different ways I can do this but came here to see if any have done this in the past and how it went? I’m currently a freshman and living in a dorm this year; but was wondering what would possibly be the best ways to live rent free/make money off of rent while in college.. first idea to approach this situation is to try to find a place say 3 or 4 bedrooms to try to rent out for $1000-$1500 depending on what I can find. And then rent each extra bedroom out for $500-$600 a month to other college students. Any experience with this? Any experience with this situation and is it worth it to go through all of the trouble of basically being a landlord for the other roommates(I’d like to be in charge and collect the rent and just rent the whole place in my name because of potential profit/if one person gives a lot of trouble I can say they’ve got to go. Second idea I came up with today is to possibly ask around on Facebook, etc to see if there are any local ranches/farms in the area that will be looking for a ranchhand type position and will offer a rent free room at their home(possibly older couple) in exchange for help and some side work on the farm or ranch. Any other ideas?

submitted by /u/19ccoke
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/eh1ci3/living_for_freemaking_money_of_rent_in_college/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...