Skip to main content

How to go about leveraging my dad's house to help me at least go about acquiring my own house?

I know a lot of people don't have this opportunity unfortunately so I would like to take advantage of this to be able to acquire my own house because if I didn't have this house to come to I would literally be homeless right now................ but I don't know how to go about doing it >.<

Okay so I'm on SSI which is only $783 a month & I live in Palestine, TX. The market here is very bad it's a sellers market at this point. There's not a lot of rentals & the rentals that are listed in the area are like $800+ in its way too much for an SSI income. Luckily my dad acquired this house back in the day before everything in real estate went to shit & he fully owns it.

I'm able to live here rent free & could technically stay here forever but to be honest with you I wanna get out of here ASAP. I honestly can't stand my dad & it just feels awkward to be living in this house with him but I'm only dealing with him because I would otherwise be homeless & I would love to be able to leverage in acquire my own house to know that in the future that I know I won't ever be homeless.

Im 24 years old, unfortunately I don't have any credit history :( but I been living in section 8 apartments basically my whole life so I guess I can try & get copies & show the (mortgage lenders?) my on time payment history for the rent.

I just don't know how to go about doing any of this I'm just so overwhelmed right now >.<

I would be living here in all I would want to do, is go in as aggressive as I possibly can in acquire however much money is needed as quickly as humanly possible to be able to I guess get enough for a down payment? I wanna get out of here as soon as i possibly can............... So Idk if this right move or not >.<

I just don't know how much money I would need or what (for a down payment if this a right move????)

I could honestly come up with the money within a short period of time too but I know SSI only allows you to earn like 1,000 more per month so that's also a factor too................ But with under the table work I could earn more without SSI being aware of the work. I could also get my dad to try in help acquiring money too.

All I want is a house of my own to know that I'm safe & won't ever be homeless. Long story short, my dad is at an old age & when he passes on I just know the title of the house more than likely won't go to me even though technically it's kind of my house too............

Long story short, I just wanna be able to get my own house so I know I can feel safe & know that I won't be homeless in the future. But what is the best way to leveraging my dad's house living there rent free to be able to acquire a house of my own in a short time because I can't stand living inside this house with him in just want a place of my own. All while being on an SSI income which can only earn of upwards of 1,000 more per month............

I can't stand living with other people or roommates in general. I need to live alone.

Gosh this all so overwhelming! >.< To be honest though I'm not the type to like to fix up houses so the house I also gotta get would have to be in good condition & stuff too..................... And since I'm on SSI, the mortgage payments would have to be low too to be able to afford the payments. And Idk if I would still be living in this same town in the future either???? But I also want a sense of future security too???? So I get some kind of mortgage or something in if I start making payments to the mortgage but if I haven't fully payed it off in I happen to leave this town in the future all this mortgage on a house would be going to waste I think???? I'm not sure???

So yeah reddit real estate experts what is the best way to go about doing all of this???? >.<

I'm just so fucking overwhelmed! >.<

submitted by /u/realestatehelp1
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/ehgxlw/how_to_go_about_leveraging_my_dads_house_to_help/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aren't comps/CMAs useless with buyer credits at close happening now?

I'm looking into buying a new construction townhouse in my HCOL US city. I'm seeing builders offering interest rate buydowns worth $20k-$60k on $800k homes (rather than just lowering prices) in order to keep their comps high for their other units, now that buyer demand has been declining. I asked my agent about these, and he said these buydowns aren't even the full story: buyers can write all kinds of other credits into an offer, like their closing costs, prepaid sewer fees, etc. Apparently cash buyers can just write in a "buyer credit at close" for any amount in their offer. So a new townhouse that appeared to sell for $800k in the MLS might have actually been a cash offer with a $100k+ buyer credit at close, meaning the buyer only spent $700k or less in total, but to the rest of the world they can only see the $800k! So that made me realize I can't trust comps/CMAs for other new construction townhouses. The sales prices could be way lower than they appear

Fast Rising HOA Fees on NYC Condo, No Budget Provided

My wife and I are first time homeowners and could use some advice on a situation we've been having with our management company and Board. We bought a condo in Brooklyn two years ago, and since then our HOA fees have climbed dramatically. In August of last year, our fees were increased by ~30% and just yesterday we received notice that this new figure would be increased by 16% as of June 1st. The by-laws for our building state that ten days before such a change goes into effect, the Board must provide unit owners with the itemized budget upon which the new numbers were based. This didn't happen last year, and when I asked the management company about it, they just kept vaguely insisting the Board had done due diligence. After I kept pressing, they finally sent a budget that was several years old, so obviously not the one that the new numbers were based on. When I asked the management company for contact information for the Board to get further clarification, I was told that th

How to create fidelity investments current bank statement for lender during escrow

I transferred a certain amount to my bank account to complete the minimum down payment required. The bank wants a current statement of the transaction. Unfortunately, fidelity only does quarterly statements so a December statement is not available and we are due to close next week. I called fidelity and they they can only provide a letter but the bank said that won’t suffice. Any way I can find or make one of my own that has my account number/name along with all the recent month’s activities? submitted by /u/bodaciousbeans [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/zmnnqo/how_to_create_fidelity_investments_current_bank/