Skip to main content

Real Estate Agent not getting commission??

We are the homebuyer and we are concerned that our real estate agent isn’t getting commission on the sale. Nothing is signed, so there’s time to make changes.

Apparently the seller wants to move out ASAP due to having a sick parent. It’s been on the market for 16 days, ok- so, barely any time. So they’ve freaked out and lowered the price already and to make up for it, they’re taking the commission from the listing agent and our agent.

My husband and I are super uncomfortable with this. Our agent has worked hard. I text him at all hours of the day and he’s been super kind. He’s semi retired and he showed us this house knowing before hand, that he wouldn’t get commission. (We obviously had no clue).

We love this house and we want to put the commission, at least for our agent, back into the contract.

Can we do that? Can we do that with closing cost?

We’re doing a special no down payment loan for “modest income” families. We qualify for a second mortgage that we don’t have to pay back as long as we live in the house for 15 years. It could cover half of this commission...

Is there anything we can do to help our agent?

We’re upset because we work hard at our jobs and we think it’s only right that he gets paid for his hard work.

Anything at all that we can do?

Edit: interesting to note that they took out a mortgage and six months later, refinanced and their mortgage went up $5k. What the heck? They seem irresponsible with money or what’s going on?

submitted by /u/Ihavesomethingtosay9
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/dbmbeb/real_estate_agent_not_getting_commission/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...