Skip to main content

Pennsylvania areas to consider or stay in NJ?

I’m thinking of buying a house in late 2020, but I’m a little overwhelmed by all the choices.

First, a little background. I am a 40-something single woman with no kids. I am looking for something in the $300-500 K range and to pay in cash. Looking for a 2bdrm (even one ok if nice), but must have a fenced yard. My priority is my dog(s) (have one now, looking to adopt 2 more). Other constraints are that my family owns rental properties (12 now)—condos in Mercer County, NJ (Hightstown); I want to stay somewhat close to central NJ, but not on the Northeast Corridor/near traffic lines going into NYC. I work online from home 7 days a week, so I have no work limitations as long as I have internet. I don’t want to be too far from my parents in central NJ either.

I was wondering, for you homebuyers in the Tri-State area, is PA that much more of a deal if you don’t care about school districts? Ive heard property taxes are significantly less; traffic can be less in some counties, but I am not that familiar with Eastern PA TBH. Any drawbacks to living there? Right now, I own a condo in Central NJ (Middlesex Co.), but I’m getting sick of paying taxes and dealing with traffic for things I don’t care about (schools and NYC proximity) and living in an HOA community that isn’t dog-friendly anymore. I prefer quieter places near Nature but not too far from the suburbs. Thanks for your advice. I have purchased twice in my life, but both were condos; never bought a house before.

submitted by /u/Ceeeceeeceee
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/dbaji2/pennsylvania_areas_to_consider_or_stay_in_nj/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...