Skip to main content

How do I thank a realtor, lender, etc. who have gone the extra mile on a deal I have to back out of? (Two < $50k mortgages. I can only get one house because the second/investment property ended up costing too much.)

Title summarizes it. My realtor and local lender have really pulled through for me. Two other local lenders flat-out refused to help me on the second property at all.

But the final numbers on both properties have come back, and I'm undecided on the second / investment property. I'm not comfortable being "undecided" on a house. It's an extra $10k hit in my bank account and it's coming with extra costs that keep creeping up, so I'm more likely than not to back out at this point.

How do I politely pull out of the second, and is there any way I can show my appreciation? Because this was all at my command.

I get that the realtor and lender work for me and I am their client, but I can't imagine the hassle everyone has been through trying to get both properties secured and financed for me up until this point. Personally, if I was either my realtor or lender, I might just fire me as a client 😂

submitted by /u/TheAdventMaster
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/db4e3l/how_do_i_thank_a_realtor_lender_etc_who_have_gone/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...