Skip to main content

Taking over an established real estate business

I live in a very high cost of living area and enjoy going to open houses regularly. I’ve always taken an interest to real estate but have no experience in it, yet, other than owning a home if that counts. Well this past weekend, I met an agent who is a bit older and looking to transfer his business to a younger person. We had a sit down meeting a couple days after initially meeting where he spoke more of his vision. We’re both taking a week to reflect before our next meeting. Anyway, anyone have thoughts on a transfer of real estate business? Good idea? Run the heck away? This is less about his success as an agent or my ability to be successful. I’m trying to get people’s thoughts on taking over someone else’s business. It would be over the course of years and he would train me while shifting leadership to me. During his good years he did 50-100 million worth of sales. Bad years was less. Average sale price is in the multi millions.

submitted by /u/msbasicbitch
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/cxqi4t/taking_over_an_established_real_estate_business/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...