Skip to main content

Got my first home inspection...wow

So, after finding a home in a quiet part of a larger city, I ordered a home inspection. I thought there would be some work involved, but holy moly. I'm glad I got the contingency in the offer about renegotiation after a home inspection, because this is what we found:

Roof needs replaced.

Flute for chimney is rough

Electric wiring on roof is not good (there's a gap) Porch flap was improperly installed

Front porch railing is rusted

Stone lintels by house are cracked need to be repaired by Mason

Some seepage by foundation, noted as not major Air conditioner 1977....works, it's old

Peeling paint in small area

Electrical is limited to 60amps. Means exterior electrical needs to be updated or insurance may not help.

Small wood rot in some window areas

Back garage outlet has no power going to it.

Gutters should be extended and not attached properly

Siding damage

Garage openers are old and have no safety sensors

Rear swing door in garage is damaged and won't close

Vent in garage and other common walls have to be filled.This breaches fire rating.

Left side garage door has crack/dent tile in mudroom can obtain asbestos. There's also asbestos insulation

All 2 prong outlets have to be switched. They're safety hazards. Most are 2 prongs.

Heater in mudroom is not working and ancient.

Most windows are painted shut.

Vermiculite insulation in attic.May contain asbestos.

MOLD IN ATTIC.

Exhaust vent for stove doesn't work.

Electric plugs near sink are improperly installed.

Damaged electric pron bedroom.

Both closet doors for bedrooms are jamming

Bathroom outlets not JFCI protected.

Micro growth of mold in basement, including new bathroom.

Water boiler has sentiment buildup. Needs to be replaced and is leaking.

Sub pump not working. Ancient.

Signs of seepage in basement corner.

Galvanized piping is getting old.

Water piping in some parts is non-industry standard.

This feels like an overwhelming amount of issues. I don't think I could justify any counteroffer the seller makes. Might just have to try my luck elsewhere. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/jondoe5768
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/cxhcv5/got_my_first_home_inspectionwow/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...