Skip to main content

Changing/Firing Realtor

Hi all, looking for some insight here. My wife and I have been trying to sell our house for over 40 days now with no luck. We've had close to 30 showings but no offers. We've had multiple second showings for different interested buyers.

All in all, I don't think our realtor is doing a good enough job. This complicates things as our realtor is one of my close friend's mothers. But, that's not going to be a deciding factor here.

My question is: are we locked into some contract with a realtor? Do we owe money to said realtor if we break our contract and sign with a different realtor? I know there is probably additional paperwork with these answers, but I'm having a hard time coming up with it. I'm more wondering what a general contract for a realtor-seller looks like.

​

Also, what is best practice here? And how would you suggest I go about this in order to maintain civility? This must happen often to realtors.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/cptquackz
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/cxiu9e/changingfiring_realtor/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...