Skip to main content

Blended family of 6 living situation. Rent bigger, stay in rental or buy?

I have two kids and they are here half the time based on my custody. He has two kids he has every other weekend (two nights in our home. During the week he visits them). We have one on the way.

It would be: Two full time adults One full time child Two part time (half time) kids Two kids spending on average 4-6 nights a month

We are renting a 3 bedroom house with large yard and storage (pets allowed) and have plenty of space except when his kids visit on their weekends.

My lease won’t end until February and I’m due at the same time.

I can either:

A) Have the landlord put this place in the market and I’m responsible for rent until someone rents or my lease is up. There is a fee of $2000 which is half my deposit for “deposit release .” We would rent a 4-5 bedroom place at a few hundred more a month but risk signing another lease before we know when our place would rent out. I wouldn’t know much we would lose in total and if we go for it, we would rent for long term (2-5 years).

B) Complete our lease and stay for an additional 6-12 months in this space and then buy.

We want to buy but nothing we like is on market right now. But if we rent a new place , I rather not move again just a year after to buy. Moving is tough and disrupts the kids too.

Suggestions? Stay crammed every other weekend in our 3 bedroom, 2 bath 1600 sqft home until able to buy? Or break lease, accept the penalties and rent larger place for longer term that may likely say no pets? No pets now but we do want a dog

submitted by /u/lilyfernanda
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/cxwknc/blended_family_of_6_living_situation_rent_bigger/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...